Location : Thimphu
Main Objectives of the Project :
• Consolidate and rehabilitate the Goenpa to its original glory
• Improve living condition of the monks residing in the Goenpa
Main activities of the Project:
• Architectural of Structure assessment by DCHS, DOC
• Mural painting assessment by DCP, DOC
• Geotechnical investigation for the project area
• Preparation of topographical map survey for the entrance project area
• Installation of cable crane or rope way
• Establishment of base camp and site offices.
• Expantion of/ re-construction of Drasha including ChazeyLhakhang
• Reconstruction of Entrance Structure
• Renovation of LamaiZimchung (Dzongchung)
• Renovation of Utse (Main tower)
• Upper Lhakhang reroofing
• Relocation of toilets
• Drainage system around structures and catchment drains
Funding Agency : Royal Government of Bhutan
Total allocated budget :100 Million
Executive Agency of the Project: The Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs is the main executing agency of the Project.
Implementing agency of the project:
The Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs is the main executing agency of the Project. Under the chairmanship of the Secretary of the Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs, and Wangditse Restoration Project management team is responsible for discharging administrative, technical, financial and organizational duties of the project.
Read More>>170130 Chari Project Profile