Location: Choekhorthangkha, Wangdue Phodrang.
Main Objectives of the Project:
To Reconstruct Wangduephodrang Dzong.
Main Activities of the Project:
1. Preparation of Design and Drawings (Architectural & Structural)
2. Preparation of BoQ and Estimates
3. Reconstruction of the Dzong including furnishing and fixtures.
4. Landscaping and Site Developments.
Government of India.
Total Allocated Budget in 11th FYP (July 2014-June 2018): Nu.600 Million
Spill-over to 12th FYP (July 2018-July 2022): Nu.400 Million
Executive Agency of the Project:
The Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs is the main executing agency of the Project. Wangduephodrang Dzong Reconstruction Project’s Steering Committee, under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Home Minister and Vice Chairperson, Hon’ble Health Minister, is responsible for discharging administrative, technical, financial and organizational duties of the project.
The Members of the Project Steering Committee Members are:
1. Minister, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs – Chairperson
2. Minister, Ministry of Health – Vice Chairperson
3. Director General, DoC, MoHCA – Member Secretary
4. Venerable Tshogi Lopen, Zhung Dratshang – Member
5. Secretary, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs – Member
6. Secretary, GNHC – Member
7. Zimpon Wom, Office of Gyalpoi Zimpon – Member
8. Director, Department of Forest and Parks services – Member
9. Chief Executing Officer, NRDCL – Member
10. Dasho Zepon Wangchuk – Member
11. Lam Neten, Wangdue Rabdey – Member
12. Dzongda, Wangdue Phodrang Dzongkhag Administration – Member
13. Thrizin, Dzongkhag Tshogdu, Wangdue Phodrang Dzongkhag – Member
Implementing Agency of the Project:
Division for Conservation of Heritage Sites under the Department of Culture, Ministry of Home and Cultural Affairs is the main agency responsible for the implementation of the project.
Read More>> WDRP Profile